Pune Climate & Temperature
- Pune, India is at 18°32'N, 73°50'E, 558 m (1831 ft). See map.
- Pune has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Pune is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 24.7 degrees Celsius (76.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9.5 °C (17.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 741 mm (29.2 inches) which is equivalent to 741 Litres/m² (18.17 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Pune you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Rapa Nui, Easter Island where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Pune Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Pune Climate Graph in Metric Units
Pune Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Pune, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kota, India - 764.1 kms (474.8 miles) NNE
- Sagar, India - 779.3 kms (484.3 miles) NE
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India - 507.5 kms (315.4 miles) NNE
- Nagpur/ Sonegaon, India - 614.2 kms (381.7 miles) ENE
- Akola, India - 411.3 kms (255.6 miles) NE
- Jagdalpur, India - 863.4 kms (536.6 miles) E
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 502.9 kms (312.5 miles) ESE
- Musulipatnam, India - 816.9 kms (507.6 miles) ESE
- Belgaum (Sambre), India - 309.3 kms (192.2 miles) SSE
- Bangalore, India - 736.6 kms (457.7 miles) SSE
- Mangalore, Karnataka, India - 639.1 kms (397.2 miles) S
- Kozhikode, India - 836.1 kms (519.5 miles) SSE